I suggest you ...

Simple Application Upgrade

Provide a simple method or process using rysnc or symfony task to update an application (both PHP & SQL) form a developers development/staging server.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    simon.cast shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • simon.cast commented  · 

What I meant was a task that did the following:
        1) rsync changes to require project directory
        2) run any new migration classes to update the DB

Ultimately, I would really like a deployment task that did the following:
        1) compared current migration classes against DB/schema/model & created new migration classes for any changes to the DB structure
        2) rsync the code changes including migration classes to the server
        3) if there are new migration classes run the migration classes to update the server DB

If this could be done via Eclipse & other similar IDEs that would make hosting & using servergrove a breeze. See what AptanaStudio has done with their version of Eclipse.

• Dasher commented  · 

My personal comments:
        The main domain would be live, subdomains created on the main domain for staging.
        CVS server as part of the package and deployment via an interface to staging & live.
        rsync support to both environment (personally I'd prefer rsycn to svn from local dev environment but it's complicated and easier just using svn co locally).

This'll give logical & physical separation between the environments and allows testing on the stating environment before deploying to live.

Feedback and Knowledge Base